The Board has established the Audit Committee to oversee the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s accounting and financial policies and controls. The Audit Committee provides advice and assistance to the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities and, amongst other matters:
- overseeing the Company’s financial reporting process and reports on the results of its activities to the Board;
- reviewing with management and the external auditor the Company’s annual and quarterly financial statements and reports to shareholders; discussing earnings releases as well as information and earnings guidance provided to analysts;
- reviewing and assessing the Company’s risk management strategy, policies and procedures and the adequacy of the Company’s, policies, processes and frameworks for managing risk;
- exercising general oversight of the appointment and provision of all external audit services to the Company, the remuneration paid to the external auditor, and the performance of the Company’s internal audit function;
- reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal compliance and control procedures;
- reviewing the Company’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- establishing procedures for complaints regarding accounting, internal accounting controls and auditing matters, including any complaints from whistle-blowers.
A more complete description of these and other Audit Committee functions is contained in the Audit Committee’s Charter, a copy of which is available via the link below.
The Audit Committee meets at least quarterly in a separate executive session with the external auditor and internal auditor, respectively. The Chairman of the Audit Committee reports to the full Board following each Audit committee meeting. As part of such report, the Chairman of the Audit Committee will inform the Board of any general issues that arise with respect to the quality or integrity of the Company’s financial statements, the Company’s compliance with legal or regulatory requirements, the Company’s risk management framework, the performance and independence of the external auditor, or the performance of the internal audit function.
The current members of the Audit Committee are Brian Anderson (Chairman), David Harrison, Andrea Gisle Joosen, and Anne Lloyd, all of whom are independent non- executive directors. All members of the Audit Committee are financially literate and have sufficient business, industry and financial expertise to act effectively as members of the Audit Committee. In addition, in accordance with the SEC rules, the Nominating and Governance Committee and the Board have determined that Mr Anderson,Mr Harrison and Ms Lloyd qualify as “audit committee financial experts.”
Audit Committee Charter
View the Audit Committee Charter (approved August 2017) (PDF, 186Kb).